Sh*t People Say to Front-end Developers
- We really don’t need a designer.
- What’s an information architect?
- Nobody will be looking at this page with a mobile device.
- This style guide from 2002 is still good.
- We really don’t need localization.
- This Excel spreadsheet is our issue tracker. Works great!
- Using Flash would make this so much easier!
- HTML5 is too risky and experimental.
- What’s a validator?
- Browser support? All of them, of course.
- We really don’t need a copywriter.
- Of course our users will sit through this thirty-second auto-play splash video.
- The database guy already did the HTML and CSS, so you just have to add a few tweaks.
- Of course our users will submit this twenty-question form before seeing our content.
This will be a short project.